Something my husband will love.
This recipe calls for fresh sausage. I used a fresh green onion sausage which I had made a while back (https://icookforleftovers.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/homemade-sausage-chaurice-aka-green-onion-sausage/). If you live in Louisiana, you should be able to find an in-house store made fresh green onion sausage at any self-respecting grocery store in the state. Outside of the state, you can also use fresh Italian sausage or a fresh French garlic sausage.
You will need:
- 1/2 pound fresh sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, cooked (leftover is good or cook one in the microwave)
- 2 cups total cooked white beans (your choice), divided
- 4 cups stock and/or water
- 1/2 head kale, washed and chopped
- 2 to 4 more cups stock, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste